Friday, December 31, 2010

Catching Up

Hey Joe, hope you and the family had a wonderful Christmas. It was awesome to have no technology and be removed from the every day work stress :) I only needed to work one day this week which was great. Just a kind of check in thing more or less.

Workout week had a few hiccups as you'll see. Here is the abbreviated version:

Weds 12/22:
17 hr work day (UGH) no gym - was trying to tidy up things for the upcoming week knowing I'd be out of the office.

Thurs 12/23: Delts / Tris
Good workout, made slight gains in the seated bar press and DB ext (YEA)
40 mins cardio

Fri 12/24 & Sat 12/25:
No gym - sick (stomach issues - we'll leave it at that) Company on Christmas eve and then slept most of the day Christmas.

Sun 12/26: Legs
Started on Routine B again. Leg presses were good 270/7 and used the smith machine for the bar lunges (which I'd not done before). I felt it much more - MUCH more the next day too :)
35 mins cardio pre-legs and 20 mins of abs - bender ball video at home.
Good day!

Mon 12/27: Chest & Bi's
Dug out for 2 hours - Love snow - yea!! Workout was ok - I think I was already pretty tired.
Biked for 20 mins at home in the p.m.
Took our 2 1/2 year old granddaughter to see Toy Story on Ice - does that count as work out? I forgot how much work that is! It was lots of fun though. :)

Tues 12/28: Back & Hammies
Good workout, was feeling really rested.
Cardio 1 hr - actually ended up talking w/someone on the the maching next to me - which I almost never do (not a gym socialite) and before I knew it I'd been climbing the stairs for an hour - ha!

Weds 12/29: Intervals
1 hr spin class (a.m.)
1 hr pilates reformer challenge class (p.m.)

Thurs 12/30:
After a night of vomiting, passing out, chest pains and sweats ended up in the ER - possible heart attack. Oh what fun! Good news - upper GI infection. Apparently they've had several patients coming in with this over the last week. I must have had a touch of this over the last week and it didn't hit me as hard. ER dr said most people are sick for 3-5 days.

Funny thing - it was quite challenging for them to get my HR high enough for the stress tests and even funnier that I recovered so quickly they had to do it again. Blood work, ekg, stress tests, etc.. all turned up a clean bill of health - yea!

It's Friday 12/31 and I've been sleeping for about 14 hours. I feel pretty good just a little weak. Going to head over to the gym in a bit and see how it goes.

Well there you have it - the Tobar novel.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy new year to the Franco family. Any plans for New Year's eve?


Year's end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. ~ Hal Borland

No comments:

Post a Comment