Friday, December 3, 2010

Thurs 12/2 - Legs

Bet you thought I skipped out yesterday :)
It was tempting.... week's been CRAZY busy. Thank goodness for the bike at home, got in 25 mins cardio a.m. yesterday then to work (another really early day).

Taught a Pilates class after work and then to gym for legs. Home at 10 PM and tired. I knew if I came home in between teaching and the gym I'd crash.

Sumo DB Squat: 2 warms, 65/10, 70/10, 70/10

Front Squat: 2 warms, 65/8, 70/8, 75/8
Need help on this one please. I have difficulty holding the bar, even using the smith machine. I'm sure I must be doing something incorrectly -- looked up on BB.com but for some reason this really feels awkward. Maybe my weights are just too heavy?

DB step ups: didn't do this b/4 because they hurt my knees and I wasn't feeling any real value. Figured out how to adapt -- instead of using a bench to step up, got a one of the steps and used 4 risers (not quite as high as a bench and was able to really focus on stepping up instead of simply propelling myself w/my supporting leg). used 25 lb db's

Leg extension: 1 warm, 70/10, 80/10, 90/10 (no 100's tonight -- not w/10 reps) whew

Calf singles: only did 4 sets -- tired

Apologies for the novel. Have a great day!! I'm super glad it's Friday - woot!!!!


Real success comes in small portions, day by day. Take pleasure in life's daily treasures.
~Dennis Waitley

No comments:

Post a Comment